The Department of Physiology aims to and is committed lay the strong foundation for the budding doctors and will strive to achieve the excellence in Academics, Research and Patient Care.
Academic: With MCI emphasizing on competence based learning, the department plans to impart knowledge via innovative teaching/Learning methodology so as to make learning interesting and to produce Indian medical Graduate with good Practical and clinical skills. The staff of physiology is determined to achieve this goal. Department is planning bimonthly CMEs on the ‘trending topics’ and annual Physiology conference to stay updated with the latest international research.
Patient care: Along with Academics and Research, the department also plans to involve itself in patient care with development of well-equipped laboratories. Physiology department envisions the following services for patient care;
1. Pulmonary function lab – to assess the lung functions.
2. Reproductive biology lab; for semen analysis and sperm washing.
3. Neurophysiology lab; for NCV, EMG, EEG and evoked potential study, Behavioural studies, especially memory and cognition.
4. Bone density assessment; to check the status of the bones especially in post-menopausal woman.
5. Healthcare lab
6. Cardiovascular lab – for Heart rate variability, ECG, non-invasive assessment of cardiac output, autonomic function testing, Ankle brachial pressure index.
Professor & Head
Email Id : firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Id : email@example.com
Email Id : firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Id : email@example.com
Email Id : firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Id : email@example.com